Thursday, August 30, 2007

Week 9 podcasts and ebooks

I have listened to podcasts. My cousin Katy did one for the public library up in Spokane. It was fun to hear her. So I had some trouble with Podcast.net. I couldn't get it to work at all, neither did Yahoo. Podcast Show was the best for me to use. I listened to a Muggle Cast about the Deathly Hallows. It was interesting to hear other's ideas. I also looked at some of the video's that were there. These are very like Youtube which I have seen too.
I also found shows on the Podcast Show everything from news shows to dramas. Very interesting.
Podcasts could be very useful as a book review tool. I know that I am not ready for that yet but it is a goal to keep in mind.
I have looked at Libravox before and I plan to listen to some classics that I read a long time ago or that I have never read. This would be a good place to guide teachers too if they are reading a classic in the classroom. They could read along with the reader.

There is still a lot out there to look at and I will be exploring as I have time.

2 comments:

Liz Dodds said...

Sounds like you finally got a good podcast. I agree that the online books would provide a good listen for us, for English teachers, and for students!

oweLMT2 said...

It is nice to see someone still out there working on this. I got a late start (last week) but by sitting at the computer all day I got it finished before school starts on Tuesday. I didn't get any comments except from the Library 2.0 team so I am now looking for people still working and sending comments. It started to feel pretty lonely out there and I wondered if others had all moved on. So congratulations for almost being there.